Sunday, October 10, 2004

First Entry, first tears

Boy. My parents are pissed at me. Not that they like me all too much to begin with, but now i am really on the shit list. Lemme explain: this weekend is family weekend here at UAlbany. My parents decided that it would be a good gesture to attend. My mom even took a flight up here since she had just been attending a conference in Chicago for the past week, but i really fucked things up. They had expected me to make plans for this weekend, so i got them tix to the football game, but while they were there I attended my rugby match.

I was originally planning on staying with them at their hotel, but since they couldnt get a cott for my little brother, i decided that it would be better for me to stay back in my room at school, probably my biggest mistake. They called at about 9:30 asking what i needed from the store, i told them what i wanted and she said ok, and that they were going to be checking out today. So since i dont get service anywhere else in my room i moved my phone to my window sill and not realizing it, left it on vibrate. Then i went back to bed. Apparently my parents tried calling me 8 times after that and even came to my room, knocked on my door and called through my window, but were unable to wake me. So at 2:00pm i woke up and checked my phone, got dressed and called them. and of course i find out all the stuff that had happened. My mom answered the phone "I shouldnt even talk to you" and when i checked my voicemails she stated in one of them that "You did a piss-poor job of planning" so during the phone conversation i find out that they had already left and were halfway home, WITH ALL THE SHIT THAT I HAD ASKED THEM TO GET ME IN THE CAR!!!
looks like no christmas presents for mark :(