Friday, October 22, 2004

There is a fire burning, and all the water in the world couldn't put it out

Hey everyone. Today is friday, in less than 12 hours i will be departing for home. I hope that everyone has had an eventful and fun-filled week as it now comes to a close. Now i know that there are many seniors who are very stressed out right now; with the burdens of college applications, scholarships, and the pressure that is put on them by there parents. I would like to dedicate this post to them, in particular, one of my best friends, JOEFI.

Ok well I'll start off by saying this: Take a minute and relax, bc although u think that u might not have the time to, u do. If you have not already writen a college essay, ur first step would be to gather up ur ideas and write on a topic that is truly meaningful to you, not something empty, bc it will show in ur writing. I, for example, wrote my essay that i used for all my schools, on North Rockland's very own, Mr. Roth and how he influenced me and i really put my emotions into my writing. If you have already done an essay, odds are that u can use it for all of ur college applications. When u've done that ur over half-way done. Fill out all forms completely, including ur dob and ssn.

Now for the mental prep: Joefi. You are freaking out man. Honestly, calm down, ur very worrisome. I know that ur scared and everything, but its not as big of a transition as you think. Yeah there are all different classes, people *(think of everyone as a potential friend), and no parents [which means no home cooked meals either-only downside]
As for losing everyone around you, although its easy for me to say, seeing as how two of my best friends and about 7 other people from home are up here, you arent gonna lose them. Joe, We will be friends forever, everyone thats an OG will stay one. No exceptions!!!! So dont worry about that. And you're a great guy, who's very likeable, so i dont think that you need to worry about not being able to make friends. Also you have a very good work ethic and social skills, the real world is looking for people like you. You have tons of potential that hasnt even been reached yet, like the tip of the iceberg. I love you like a brother, man. So just take a deep breath and let things happen, and more often than not; you will like the results. 'Night